The mySociety Research team investigates the impact of Civic Technology tools: those we produce ourselves, and those from the wider community.
As the field matures, it is important to understand whether our tools are creating genuinely positive outcomes for as many people as possible. To that end, the Research Team pursues the following lines of enquiry:
- What is the impact of our tools? Who feels that impact? How beneficial is it?
- Are we reaching all demographics? If not, what can we change to improve that?
- What effect does it have when we make small modifications to the way our technology works?
We also run TICTeC — the annual Civic Technology conference bringing together researchers, practitioners, and others with an interest in how technology is changing the way we engage with society.For more information:
- Read our research strategy
- Sign up to our mailing list or Google Group to keep up to date with our latest activities.
Featured research (See more)
Recently on the blog (See more)
- A look at Participatory Budgeting
- Introducing the TICTeC 2018 keynote speakers
- Explore FOI Information
- Join us in Lisbon for TICTeC 2018
- Citizenship & Civic Engagement Committee: mySociety’s written evidence
Sign up to our mailing list for updates about new publications and events.
We are always keen to hear from potential research partners, anywhere in the world.Contact: research (at) mysociety dot org